SHMHA COACHING APPLICATIONS 2022-2023
South Huron Minor Hockey is now accepting applications for all coaching positions for the 2022-2023 season.
● Coach applications for all levels due on or before July 31, 2022 at 11pm
Coach Certification Requirements:
● All coaches also required to complete Respect-In-Sport Leadership, Gender Identity and Expression & Safe Return to Play courses as well as submit a current Police Check
Please note that certification requirements on the boys side have changed for the 2022-2023 season. Team_Official_Qualifications.pdf
Composition of Coach Selection Committee:
● South Huron Minor Hockey strives to make its coach selection process as fair, objective, well informed and inclusive as possible.
● A Selection Committee is appointed and comprised of the core directors of: Chairperson, Past-Chairperson, Vice-Chair: 1st, Vice-Chair: 2nd-Boys, Vice-Chair: 2nd-Girls, Association Representatives and League Representatives. Committee composition may also include independent executive members or independent community members as needed.
● Committee members are declared in conflict of interest where family members are involved, and in such cases will have no input to the coach selection decision.
Coach Selection Process:
● A consensus-building procedure is used through the selection process. Voting takes place as necessary. Overall, there continues to be strong interest in being a volunteer coach, oftentimes resulting in a greater number of applicants than there are teams available. With such interest comes the need to distinguish and make choices and there are many factors that enter into the decision-making process.
● It is a time-consuming endeavor with the committee spending as much time as necessary to find the most qualified and capable individual for a particular team.
● All coaches must re-apply for coaching positions.
● Applicants may be requested for an interview, at the discretion of the committee.
● All members of a bench staff (head coach, assistant, trainer, and manager) must be approved by the SHMHA executive.
The SHMHA Executive may consider on a case by case basis, an honorarium for non-parent coaches selected as part of the coach recruitment process. The executive reserves the right to adjust or modify the terms of an honorarium at any time.
Thank you in advance for your interest and co-operation. Please complete online application below.