Parents will be scheduling their own shifts to fulfill volunteer requirements for the 2022-2023 season. 1 shift must be completed for each registered player U7 and above. As each tournament arrives, a specific time slot choice will be available to those signed up for that tournament. Parents will be notified via the main page of the website when this schedule is available.
SOUTH HURON MINOR HOCKEY TOURNAMENT (S) VOLUNTEER JOBS/DUTIES AND INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Time Clock
-running the clock for games – please note the clock is slightly different at each arena. You will need to know in advance of your shift, at your chosen arena ahead of time how to run the time clock. Please arrange to practice by assisting at one of your league games.
-Help track Points with scorekeeper
-Ensure game sheets are signed.
-Bring Game sheets to Registration desk and/over convenor.
-Pick up sheets for next game.
2) Game Sheet/Score keeper
-complete the game sheet - fills out goals, penalties etc.
If there are referee instructions that you do not understand, please ask the referee questions so that it is written down properly on the game sheet.
-Ensure Sign game sheets after referee does at the completion of each game.
-Tally Points on sheet during Game (i.e Points per period)
-Bring Point sheet to Registration desk.
Welcome teams as they arrive.
Direct teams to proper change rooms.
Collection of gate fees (if applicable)
Sales of tournament books
First shift of the day/tournament will need to register teams as they arrive:
- confirm all paperwork has been submitted
- OMHA roster (unless marked submitted already)
- Travel Permit (unless marked submitted already)
- Contact name and Number for tournament weekend.
-Have Coaches from each team fill out game sheets
-Each game sheet- Bench staff must sign, initial if there is or not OT
-distribute player of the game awards for each game
-Assist teams with any questions or concerns that they may have.
An Arena convenor will be at the venue each day … arena convenors will be available to answer questions related to rules. Arena convenors will post all game results on the scoreboards at each venue (OR, they may choose to delegate that duty to an arena helper).
- Arena convenor may delegate entering of scores on the score board …
- Clock operators and scorers – DO NOT be afraid to ask referees to clarify calls on the ice …
- If available, please do use the PA system to announce goals and penalties whilst scoring or clock operating …
- For each tournament, when teams register (their first game) there will be Gatorade to hand out to that team’s designate for distribution to the team and there may be other “swag” to be handed out also at registration (further instructions will be provided) …
- Arena convenors will look after paying referees
- OF KEY IMPORTANCE … volunteers please arrive early enough before the scheduled duties begin so as to familiarize yourselves with procedures (speak with their predecessors) …
Questions pertaining to positions or scheduling can be sent to
THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR VOLUNTEERS WHO HELP TO MAKE THE TOURNAMENTS A BIG SUCCESS EACH YEAR!